This OSHA training – online safety training course is designed for individuals interested in OSHA, or the general industry health and safety standards for their staff. This Outreach Training Program is for employees and groups interested in learning more about Cal/OSHA General Industry Standards and policies.
Course OSHA topics in this online safety training course include:
- Title 8 General Industry Standards and compliance
- Outreach Training Programs as well as those which are most hazardous in general industry
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Cal/OSHA training guidelines
Upon course completion
Students will be able to understand the relationship between OSHA and Cal/OSHA Standards/policies/procedures. They will be able to identify hazards that occur in the general industry, locate and determine appropriate Cal/OSHA General Industry Standards/policies/procedures, and describe the use of Cal/OSHA General Industry Standards/regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program.
This course meets the requirement of the annual training for generalized work areas only.
What you will learn in this OSHA training course:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards in the workplace such as slips, falls, fires, and burns
- Knowledge of PPE and prevention of respiratory illness
- Demonstrate knowledge of MSDS sheets with the importance and requirements of each chemical
- Knowledge of fire and electrical safety
This course is intended for any student or employer that requires annual required training to meet federal guidelines.
About CAL/OSHA Standards
CAL/OSHA Standards for General Industry (OSHA 5119) is developed in collaboration with the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration, highlighting general industry standards and compliance to Title 8 Industrial Relations of the California Code of Regulations (CCR). In this comprehensive online OSHA training course, you will learn specific safety topics such as:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Multi-employer and dual employer
- Machinery and Machine Guarding
- Hazardous Materials
- Confined Space
- Industrial Hygiene
- Electrical Safety
- Heat Illness Prevention
By taking this course, you’ll gain a heightened awareness of the bond between OSHA and Cal/OSHA Standards, policies, and procedures. You’ll understand how to recognize general industry hazards accurately; locate relevant regulations efficiently; interpret General Industry Standards precisely; and use all Cal/OSHA rules to boost your existing safety program without fail!